It's impossible to forget some of the terrible things that have happened over the last year. But when things like these happen, it's important to remember the good as well as the bad.
And there's nothing left to say. What is happening to the world? #ParisAttacks #LebanonAttacks #Gatwick #PrayForPeace— Lorna Holland (@themaxdog) November 14, 2015
Even if you have had a bad year, there must have been glimmers of good in there too. That's why I think it's important to remember all the good things that have happened over the past year. Whether it's big things like getting married or having a baby, or something as small as someone giving up their seat for you on the train, they're all important.
This year I've been fortunate to have had a good year. 2015 brought a lot of changes for me, but on the whole it's been pretty good.
These are just a few of the highlights from my year:
- I graduated from university. Three years of hard work finally paid off!
- I stopped putting it off and finally started driving lessons.
- I saw my favourite band live, twice.
- I completed my dissertation, and got a grade I was proud of for it.
- I took part in my 3rd gishwhes.
- I passed my driving theory test.
- I went on holiday with my boyfriend for the first time.
- I got an internship in the industry I hope to work in.
- I became deputy editor of Kettle Magazine.
- I was lucky enough to go to numerous gigs, shows and events.
Well @JamesBayMusic ft @ronniewood at @O2academybrix last night was great! Look out for my review coming soon on @KettleMag! #musicjourno— Lorna Holland (@themaxdog) October 1, 2015
- I started my first 'real' job.
- I completed (and surpassed) my goal of reading 50 books during the year.
- I took on my first paid client as a professional editor.
- I went to my first NFL American football game.
That moment when you're being judged at the station for being a Bears fan. By Dolphins fans, no less #KingdomsUnite— Lorna Holland (@themaxdog) November 1, 2015
- I had the chance to explore a lot more of London.
- I ran my first ever blog giveaway.
As you can see, 2015 has been pretty good to me, and I hope you can say the same. Here's to 2016 - happy new year!
If you're reading this, take a moment to remember some of the best bits of your year. Then, why not share them in the comments below? I'd love to hear them!