New research has found that the thing most likely to make a child smile is a bedtime story. The survey (commissioned by Wrigley's Extra) found that it's the simple things in life that really make children happy, with the top 3 results being 'pulling silly faces', 'reading stories', and 'playing hide-and-seek'.
Wrigley's Extra commissioned the survey to coincide with the launch of their Extra Smile Back Project. The project aims to protect children's smiles by donating money to children's charity Action for Children from every packet of sugar-free gum sold during the promotional period. They plan to use the money to run workshops alongside the Oral Health Foundation, aiming to protect the smiles of over 10,000 children across the UK.
As part of the campaign, they have recently released a book - The Lost Smile. Written by children's poet Joseph Coelho and illustrated by Sheena Dempsey, the book aims to remind both parents and children about the importance of smiling, and how best to protect your own smile.
The Lost Smile is a charming story about a little boy called Kyle whose parents and sister have lost their smiles. Armed with his bag of smile-searching tools, Kyle sets out to try and find his family's lost smiles. It's an incredibly sweet little story, sure to be a hit with both children and their parents alike. The story itself is written in a great form - it's clear to see the author's poetic background shining through, and Sheena Dempsey's illustrations are the perfect accompaniment.
The book is being distributed through Wrigley's Extra's partnership with The Co-Operative, with the aim of reaching children in the parts of the country which are worst hit by childhood tooth decay. For more information, visit the website, where you can also buy a copy of the book for only £3.99 - all proceeds will go to charity.
Thanks to the lovely people behind the campaign, I also have 5 copies to give away! The giveaway will be running consecutively across my social media channels. There's one copy to be won from Facebook and Twitter respectively, and 3 copies are up for grabs right here on the blog - just enter via the Rafflecopter widget below. Remember, the more ways you enter, the higher your chances of winning. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and conditions:
1. Giveaway closes on 3rd July 2016 at 11.59pm (GMT).
2. The prize consists of five copies (one per winner) of The Lost Smile.
3. There will be three winners from my blog, one from Facebook, and one from Twitter. Entrants may enter via all three methods to increase their chances of winning.
4. This giveaway is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
5. The winners will be randomly generated once the giveaway has ended.
6. The winners will be informed by email once the giveaway has ended.
7. The winners will have 72 hours to claim their prize. If the winner/s have not responded by this time, another winner will be announced.
Will you be supporting the campaign? Let me know in the comments below!